Things Mom Wants You To Know

Be a credit to those that came before you, and a blessing for those who come after.

3.13.2008

Mother's "Day at the Cannery"



I love going to the cannery. I always feel so noble and uncharacteristically good. So today I got to go to the cannery to make Chili. It must have been a really slow day in my head, because usually, the 4 hour shift goes by pretty fast. But Not Today.
For about 5 minutes, I got to bask in the glory of my goodness, then little niggles of boredom began to creep in.


"Oh good, here comes another box that I can fold the lid on.... hum, that chili doesn't smell TOO bad. I wonder how hungry I would have to be to actually eat chili? And eyeballs, nope, couldn't eat eyeballs, nor salamanders. Oysters? Nah, not oysters. Maybe this is where Wesley gets his gag reflex. Oh look, another box to fold the lid on. hummm hummm Let me see if I can name all the Presidents - Washington, Adams, Jefferson?? Maybe I'll start with Lincoln. Lincoln, Johnson, Grant, Grant, ...oh heck, I'll name the ones since I've been alive. Truman...TRUMAN, MY HECK, HOW OLD AM I? I know, I'll try some Spanish. Mi llama es Juana. Mi esposa es Raymundo. He would hate Raymundo. Mi hijos..hijos, is that children? I don't think so.....Oh look another box.... How about a poem. I bet I still remember the Prelude to Chaucer's Cantebury Tales. 'Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote The droghte of March hath perced to the roote And bathed every veyne in swich licour, Of which vertu engendred is the flour; Whan Zephirus eek with his sweete breeth Inspired hath in every holt and heeth The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne Hath in the Ram his halfe cours yronne,' Not bad. Try another one.....that's it? No more poems? Not Thomas Monson, are you, Jolene? Here comes another box..... I guess I'll check the time............10.38!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......oh man ....

2 comments:

laura said...

testing, testing, 123

darbs said...

wow....i don't think i'd have the patience for a 4 hour shift