Things Mom Wants You To Know

Be a credit to those that came before you, and a blessing for those who come after.

5.22.2008

Dad Sleeps Through An Adventure

(I know the picture doesn't match the story, but you get the idea).

(Dad Speaking) So…I’m taking my lunch today.

Pick up my usual McDonald's burger, drive back in the church parking lot behind Subway, eat my burger, lean my seat back for a 10 minute power nap, close my eyes, and d r i f t a w a y……

TAP-TAP-TAP on my window!!! Opened my eyes, car is surrounded by cops…well, three cops, all of them looking at me with their hands on their guns! Maybe this is a 10 minute nightmare. Slowly roll down the window.

Ye-e-e-es?? “How long have you been here?” About 30 minutes. “Did you see anyone running through here?” N-o-o-o. “Are you sure?” I don’t remember seeing anyone…my eyes were closed.

“Well, ok….that Subway was just robbed by a man with a shotgun.”

Dang! I could have been on the 10 o’clock news tonight!!

(mom - "yeah, or carjacked, or shot…..")

(p.s. when the cops found the guy, he had killed himself!)

(mom -" Does anyone notice an analogy here?")


5 comments:

Jonathan said...

yowza!

darbs said...

wow that's scary

laura said...

that's CRAZY!

Megan said...

HOLY COW!!! That'd be sooo scary!

Simple Simon said...

scary like your drunk driving incident?

scott